Financial Journalist Mark Miller interviewed our founder Debbie Wise on his podcast Retirement Revised. Here’s Mark’s description of the episode:
If you’ve listened to this podcast much, you know that I’m a big fan of fee-only financial planning. It’s the only way I know to make sure that you’re getting unbiased advice, not sales pitches for commission-based products.
For the longest time, I’ve wanted to interview my own financial planner for a story. Debbie Wise has been a leading proponent of fee-only, holistic planning for years, and we have a lot of lively, fun conversations about everything going on in the business. Debbie always has great observations and thoughts to share. So, this week she joins me on the podcast.
Debbie and I discuss:
- How my wife and I decided to hire a planner, and how we found her firm
- How our retirement plan changed after we hired Debbie
- How Wise Planning assesses new clients’ retirement plans and the biggest mistakes Debbie sees clients making when they first walk through the door
- How her planning practice has evolved over time
- A few areas where we don’t agree
- Who needs a financial planner – and who doesn’t?